Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chocolate City

No, this isn't about DC.

I was asked to participate in the first of a series of specialized events that are a departure from the Atlanta Underground Market events.  They will be focused on a specific food or ingredient.  This first one?  Chocolate.  Chokolade.  Chocolat.  


So now I'm trying to come up with a few - probably 3 - creative and adventurous chocolate-inspired sweet treats.  I'm mulling over a few ideas and how to fancy them up to my liking but I think I've settled on onechocolate stout cake topped with chocolate covered bacon.  Eh?  Beer + bacon = a guy's cupcake?  I'm sure I can find some testers at work.  Salty and sweet can be a great combination if done right.

Having the freedom to come up with new recipes is exciting and I can't wait to see what the other vendors come with.  I want to see what savory creations will be shared.  

The Chocolate Salon is June 11th at the Sweet Auburn Curb Market from 7-9:30pm.  There will be free beer and wine pairings as well.  Come out and support great local food!

I leave you with a jam that was resurrected for me by a friend earlier and is stuck in my head.  What happened to Busta Bust?

No comments:

Post a Comment